Wednesday 10 October 2007

Hmmmmm

1. They've put Christmas lights outside my window. Christmas lights! They're not on at least. But a) it's October and b) I resent the way my street is being increasingly roped into the whole town centre thing. It's not town centre. It's interesting and slightly detached. It's the place where the parades assemble to get their brazilian drum rhythms going before launching themselves on the stage of the city proper.
2. Rats don't live very long, and I'm not in a position to get a long-term pet.
3. This postal strike!
4. I just read an annoyingly bad book. I've refused to review it because I've got a policy.
5. I still have stuff to do for my book. People are being very helpful though.
6. Just to finish on something cheerful, here is a nice place, with my dog Elly waiting at the gate, and probably buzzards overhead making whistly noises:

1 comment:

  1. Haha -- yep, that Susan Thompson book is poo. I read it as revision, and apart from a couple of fascinating examples of folding, I got no further...

    What's your book on? Is it a bodice-ripper set in Anglo-Saxon England? Or on Caroline Minuscule...

    ReplyDelete