Tuesday 29 September 2009

Unsettled

I was all psyched up for the end of my job tomorrow -- I have started packing my stuff, have deleted personal things from my computer, and have filled in my leavers' questionnaire using words such as "proximate" and "erudite" -- but apparently now I'm needed for parts of next week too. They'll pay me for it, but I still feel oddly unsettled by this. I had a whole plan of intensive UL time mapped out.

In better news, I am rewatching the amazing 30 Rock, which has been making me cackle loudly like a madwoman. Here is some of Tracey Jordan's advice to young Kenneth:
Live every week like it's shark week.
Dress every day like you're going to get murdered in those clothes.

I find this compendium of 90s dating videos from boing boing oddly endearing. I do hope these men found themselves nice ladies with big fluffy hair who wear chenille sweaters and large glasses. Ideally the man who quotes Blake should have a goofy middle-aged librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment