1. I don't work on Space Weather but some people in my team do so maybe I should pretend I do. They have lots of beautiful images of solar flares.
2. You've probably already seen Patricia Lockwood's Rape Joke.
3. I'm thinking of getting this image as a tattoo -- imagine that the sun is my shoulder.
4. I'm also thinking of using more gifs, mostly ones with Lucille Bluth in:
5. Does it matter that 'RSS is dead' and some young people only encounter the internet through Facebook? I don't see why it should, because the internet has always been a thing where unusual people can band together to make a self-sustaining mass. In the playground anyone odd is side-lined; at University those odd people will find someone to be friends with; and the internet is one step beyond, so if you have a passion for the works of Thomas Lovell Beddoes you can make contact with the very few other people in the world who care, and that way Thomas Lovell Beddoes lives on. I will be very sorry if the internet loses this character. I will also be sorry if those young people don't at some point realise that they are themselves a sub-culture -- of course this isn't an easy thing for the young to see. Long live sub-cultures!