Wednesday 13 December 2006

79p wouldn't buy you an icecream these days


If you have 79p to spare then the Girls Aloud Megamix, part of the Something Kind of Ooooh EP, is packed with pop value.

As an 'experiment' I have typed 'megamix' into the itune shop search box. The Gloria Gaynor megamix seems to go straight from 'I will survive' into 'I am what I am' and might be a bit strong for my tastes. It could be kept in reserve as an emergency megamix. I already have the Chris Cox Britney megamix from the Greatest Hits, which doesn't so much mix the big tracks as play them all at the same time like some sort of 'mash-up'; it requires more active thought than is ideal from a megamix. Stylishly, Boney M have a 'mégamix', which is presumably cheaper than the musical; I actually downloaded that one. The free thirty seconds of the Technotronic megamix did not help me to remember if they actually had more than one hit (Pump up the jam?) and at this point I lost interest. As a whole, disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment