Thursday 30 August 2007

Bored genie

When I was a kid, because it's dull if the genie offers you three wishes and you ask for
1) world peace
2) cures for all diseases
3) another three wishes
the rule was that you only got your wish if you wished for something no one else had ever wished for. At the moment what I want is a spare brain in a hat. It would be a top hat, one of those strokable black ones where the fur on the top looks like grass after an animal has made a bed there. It would not be collapsible. I expect that the new brain would connect to my old brain via a tube in one ear. Then, in order not to be exposed, I would pretend to the strong principles of the early Quakers and never doff my hat for anyone. People would say "Look, there goes that strange woman who always wears a top hat", but I wouldn't care because I would have a spare brain. I would use it for organising and keeping track of things, and not for thinking, because I'm not greedy and my current brain will do for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment