Thursday 22 March 2007

More stories

OK so it's not Kim Wilde it's Diana Ross. But if you had been an anxious eleven-year-old going to parties with older boys at them in 1987 you too would have that song powerfully burnt into your memory.

I forgot some important short story collections:
9. Kate Atkinson, It's Not the End of the World. I read this a while ago, and I remember it's being so good it made me happy.
10. Helen Simpson, Hey Yeah Right Get a Life is very good too. It might put you off having kids though. I didn't need putting off so I enjoyed it immensely.
11. I don't know how I forgot Borges.
12. I've read the first story so far of James Meek's The Museum of Doubt. He can really write.
13. Charles Palliser's Betrayals is a series of connected stories. It's very very clever but not too annoying.

1 comment:

  1. 11. You perhaps forgot Borges because you lent me your copy (some time ago) and I still haven't returned it. But if it's any consolation I happened to start re-reading it last night ...

    ReplyDelete