Sunday 11 May 2008

I don't like much really, do I?

The Chris Lowe songs are rarer, but good. Here's the original Paninaro from the 80s, when they were young:

Here it is remixed in '95. Can you believe they managed to make an even gayer video? By the way I've wanted to say for ages that all this fuss about gay as a pejorative term is missing the point that it's only people like Chris Moyles who use it that way anyway. In the pop world it's just used to mean energetic and camp, e.g. popjustice on some new remix saying 'is this gay enough for you now?'. So that my grandma and I can look at some fabric and she can say that's very gay isn't it, and I can agree, and we both mean exactly the same thing. I think that's great. Anyway:

Maybe I am a pethead. I know exactly where the forbidden word "Versace" goes, anyway. (Between Armani and Cinque.)

No comments:

Post a Comment