Monday 28 June 2010

Some internet things

I think my google reader subscriptions have reached capacity now. If I leave them alone for just a few days it takes ages to catch up. But here are some things I have liked recently:

This story about a four-year-old playing Grand Theft Auto will make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

These people think no e-mail should be more than 5 sentences. Not a bad idea. But sometimes one writes a long e-mail because one doesn't have time to write a short one. (I'm misquoting someone, but I've forgotten whom.)

This man has what I can only assume is an ironic tattoo. Seriously, American Psycho much? (I'm allowed to talk like that because I own all seven series of Buffy on DVD.)

John Hodgman's Today in the Past podcast (itunes link) has mysteriously skipped 27th June. What happened in the past on 27th June? Was it something that the molemen are not yet ready to tell us?

The New York Times goes a bit Onion-y in their banner headline. We all knew that America seeing itself as part of the world, even in something as straightforward as football, couldn't last for long.

Here is a cool bridge which reminds you which side of the road you should be driving on.

I like these prints of collective nouns.

Here are the 2010 locus award winners. I intend to read most of them.

And here are the Scissor Sisters doing Kylie's All the Lovers as a Dolly Parton song. (Here's the related story on, where else, popjustice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment