Wednesday 18 May 2011

Parenting Lady Gaga

As she gets into the territory of the difficult second (if you don't count Monster and Remix), whether you still like Lady Gaga probably depends on whether you liked her wholeheartedly or reluctantly to start off with. I love mainstream pop, and I still think she's great. She has a new album out on Monday, and on the last two Mondays she has released tracks from it as teasers. I quite liked Edge of Glory, but Hair is excellent. It's about her teenage self saying to her parents "I want you to love me for who I am... I am my hair", and the refrain goes "This is my prayer, that I'll die living just as free as my hair". Spare a moment to sympathise with those two people trying to parent a teenage Lady Gaga.


Amazon.com's automated e-mails suggesting things that I might like to buy have just tried to tempt me with a digital watch, specifically a Casio F91-W. Well done amazon.com! I read boing boing, I'm anti-Guatanamo and a fan of the law of unintended consequences, so I did very briefly consider getting hold of one. Or, is it a trick? If I buy one will I end up on some register? It could backfire next time I try to get into Israel. Modern life is quite complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment