Thursday 4 January 2007

Booze and paracetemol

I went to Sainsbury's to buy Kleenex and Lemsip and got myself some smoked fish as a treat, and it came open somehow in my bag smearing its oily fishiness everywhere, which I didn't really need, and I'm not sure even Febreze is going to sort it.

But TV and the interweb are really coming through for me (aided by afore-mentioned Lemsip and some medicinal Pinot Grigio). Lily Allen and her pigdog have been reunited, which is very happy news, CBBLB told me that Dirk Benedict is 61 years old, which interested me pleasantly, and now there's a new Ray Mears series on BBC2. Ray Mears is the best. And he has been joined by an older University lecturer with a beard and no moustache. Ray Mears used to have a beard many years back (see image), when he did the Essential Guide to Rocks. With or without a beard he looks very like our college chaplain, who has also eaten witchetty grubs, showing the interconnectedness of life. Plus this evening there is the last episode of Green Wing. I want her to end up with the one who looks like the donkey, because the blond-haired one is very annoying and I'm fed up with magazine supplements going on about how good-looking he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment