Monday 4 June 2007

Grumble grumble

The newest version of Firefox has changed how you close tabs, which is annoying because it slows me down, and also it has a sort of sideways scrolling thing if you've got loads of tabs open, which is also very irritating.

But most seriously of all it now suggests search terms from other people's searches when you start typing in the google search box at the top right of the screen. I wanted to find a quick detail about Britney's "comeback" to send to a friend, so I typed in Britney, and then Firefox helpfully suggested all the words which other people had put in after the name Britney, many of which were unedifying in the extreme. Eventually I found the option to turn suggested searches off, which has desmutted my computer satisfactorily. But really, who ever thought drawing on other people's internet searches would be a good idea?

Just to resmut my computer a tiny bit I am putting in a picture of the Firefox kitteh:

No comments:

Post a Comment