Sunday 24 June 2007

Plea for help

If by some chance you have read James Wilson's The Woman in the Picture and understand whether or not her mother killed herself and if so why and if not what happened then could you let me know? I was enjoying it til it suddenly ended without telling me; it made me feel all stupid, and that's really not the point of reading Borders 3-for-2 novels.

In other entertainment news, the first half of the Rihanna album is the better. Some of the songs are a bit Nelly Furtado and some a bit Kanye West; I'm betting Timbaland was involved and whoever produced Kanye West too (maybe Mr West himself, I don't know). "Don't Stop the Music" is absolutely brilliant -- it has this excellent beat like the sound of loud music on the other side of a door. It has gone to the top of my itunes favourites playlist, together with the Freemasons remix of Beyonce and Shakira's "Beautiful Liar". (Don't listen to any version which wasn't mixed by the Freemasons.) Between them they're helping me not to lose the will to live as I tackle the Old English boundary clauses of the charters of Wilton Abbey, one of those unpleasant tasks in which you know you're bound to make a total fool of yourself. It's going to take a lot of hard work and a lot of knowledgeable help before I can even get them into a state in which they can bearably be sent to some experts to have the errors pointed out. This is because there are people out there who really care about boundary clauses. They are not necessarily the same people as the ones who really care about Tolkien, but they share some attributes.

No comments:

Post a Comment